How do you add grade break labels?
- Select the profile and right mouse click.
- Click “Edit Labels”
- Find the “Grade Breaks” type, then scroll across until you see the “Stagger Labels” property.
- Change this to “No Staggering.
- Click OK and save the drawing.
- Open the drawing with the xref and the labels should now appear correct.
What is site grading in Civil 3D?
Use the grading tools and commands in Autodesk Civil 3D to design finished ground surfaces. You create grading projections by applying grading criteria to a footprint. The grading objects are grouped into named collections to create your final surface designs and compute volumes.
How do you grade a surface in Civil 3D?
On the Grading Creation Tools toolbar, click Select a Criteria Set. In the Select A Criteria Set dialog box, ensure that Basic Set is selected. Click OK. From the Select a Grading Criteria list, select Grade To Surface .
How do you break a line in Civil 3D?
To Break a Feature Line
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Break Find.
- Select the feature line to break:
- Specify the second break point. Note: if you enter the @ character at the prompt for the second break point, it uses the first point location, creating a break without a gap.
How do I add labels to my profile?
Do one of the following:
- Click Annotate tab Labels & Tables panel Add Labels menu Add/Edit Profile Labels . Select a profile in the drawing to open the Label Set dialog box.
- Click the profile line you want to edit. Right-click and click Edit Labels.
Where will be grading sites are applied in Civil 3D software?
The list of grading objects defined in the drawing appears in Toolspace, within the Sites collection on the Prospector tab. Grading styles and Grading Criteria Sets appear in Toolspace on the Settings tab.
What is the purpose of sites in Civil 3D?
Use sites to collect or group collections (parcels, alignments, gradings, and feature lines) by a topology that they have in common. In Autodesk Civil 3D, you can manage objects with a common topology in a collection called a site.
What does daylight mean in grading?
Daylight Line A line that intersects the target (a surface, a distance, an elevation, or a relative elevation) of a grading object. It is a line that connects the ends of the projection lines from the grading object’s feature line where they hit the target.
How do you make a surface grade?
To Create a Detached Surface From a Grading Group
- Click Home tab Create Ground Data panel Surfaces drop-down Create Surface From Grading Find.
- In the Select Grading Group dialog box, specify the site and the grading group.
- Click OK. The detached surface is created.
What is graded surface?
Graded surfaces can be created from an existing surface. Defining a graded area can be accomplished using a polyline as an entity. … Slope to surface needs an input entity (e.g. polyline, line, arc, circle), surface, and slope to grade the surface. Offset to slope needs an input entity, offset, and slope.
Can you split lines in AutoCAD?
You can break a line or other object into two objects without any space between them using the BREAK command in AutoCad.
What is break command in AutoCAD?
The BReak command in AutoCAD 2014 creates gaps in lines, polylines, circles, arcs, or splines. BReak also comes in handy if you need to split one object in two without actually removing any visible material. … AutoCAD prompts you to select a single object that you want to break.
What are break lines?
: the last line of a paragraph especially when not of full length when printed.