How do I edit a part in Solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I change part references in Solidworks?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or file name by using one of the following methods: Click a cell to change the name or path. Then, click a different cell.
How do you change parts in assembly in Solidworks?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Specify options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
How do I edit a step in Solidworks 2020?
You need to add a feature to the imported body.
- Select the bottom face of the imported body.
- Click Chamfer . …
- Under Chamfer Parameters, make the desired settings and click OK . …
- Right-click Imported1 in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Feature. …
- Click OK. …
- Select the STEP file and click Open.
How do I modify a part in Inventor?
In the graphics window or the browser, double-click the part to edit. Right-click the part, and then select Edit Feature. Use the sketch and feature commands to add, edit, or delete features. Save the part file.
How do you split references in Solidworks drawing?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I edit a custom property in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
How do you add materials to a drawing in Solidworks?
To apply a material:
- Display the shortcut menu for materials: Part. In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree. Multibody part. …
- Select a material: Select from the favorites list. Click Edit Material, select a material in the material tree, and click Apply, then Close.
How do you show weight in Solidworks drawing?
Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. The calculated mass properties appear in the dialog box. If an assembly contains components with overridden mass properties, those components are listed at the bottom of the Mass Properties dialog box.
How do I fix a part in a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you remove a part from assembly in SOLIDWORKS?
To delete a component from an assembly:
- Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.