How do you save individual parts in assembly in SolidWorks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file:
- In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent .
- In the Save As dialog box, enter a name and click Save.
What does consume cut bodies mean in SolidWorks?
The ‘Consume cut bodies’ check box removes the checked bodies from the current (original) model. The derived part files will still be created as before. In this example we have decided to keep both of the bodies, save them out as the file name ‘Body1’ & ‘Body2’. By unchecking ‘Consume cut bodies’.
How do I convert Assembly to step in SOLIDWORKS?
You can set the export options when you export SOLIDWORKS part or assembly documents as STEP files. To set the STEP export options: Click File > Save As. Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
How do I open assembly in SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
Where is the Split command in Solidworks?
To split bodies: Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
How do you split a face in Solidworks?
To split a face by projecting a new sketch:
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch. …
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch. …
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either: …
- Click Create Split.
What does split line do in Solidworks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces. You can split curves on multiple bodies with one command.
How do you cut a body in SolidWorks?
To cut a solid body with a surface or plane:
- Edit the solid body: In the FeatureManager design tree, click the solid body and click Edit Part. …
- Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface.
How do you merge bodies in SolidWorks?
Combining Bodies – Add
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you insert a line break in SolidWorks?
Creating Projection Split Lines
- Click Split Line. (Curves toolbar) or Insert > Curve > Split Line.
- In the PropertyManager, under Type of Split, select Projection.
- Under Selections, click: A sketch for Sketch to Project . You can select multiple contours from the same sketch to split. …
- Click . Before. After.
How do I convert a STEP File to SOLIDWORKS 2020?
Reading STEP, IGES, and ACIS Files in SOLIDWORKS
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
Are STP and STEP files the same?
Yes, there’s no difference between STEP and STP, they’re the same format. All you need to do is rename the file you export from F360 from .
Can SOLIDWORKS open a STEP File?
SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect can read STEP, IGES, and ACIS file formats. … To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS: Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.