In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, under Family Parameters, select Shared.
- Open the host family or start a new family.
- Open the families that you want to nest, and share them.
- Load and place a nested component within the host family.
- Repeat this process for each nested component.
- Save the family.
How do you associate family parameters in Revit?
Click Modify tab Properties panel (Family Types). In the Family Types dialog, under Parameters, click Add. Follow the steps for creating a new parameter of the same type as the parameter you want to control in the nested family. Click OK to close the Family Types dialog.
What are the 3 types of families in Revit?
The 3 kinds of families in Revit are: system families, loadable families, and in-place families. Most elements that you create in your projects are system families or loadable families. Loadable families can be combined to create nested and shared families.
How do I edit a nested family in Revit?
Modify Families in a Project (or Nested Family)
- Double-click an instance of the family in the drawing area.
- Select an instance of the family in the drawing area, and click Modify
tab Mode panel (Edit Family).
- In the drawing area or the Project Browser (under Families), right-click the family, and click Edit.
How do you create a visibility parameter in Revit family?
Press Tab and select the support beam family and click Edit Family. In the support beam family, select the geometry of the hanger. In the Properties palette, click the control next to the Visible parameter. This control allows you to associate the Visible check box to a parameter.
How do I delete a family parameter in Revit?
Delete a parameter. Click Manage tab Settings panel (Shared Parameters). In the Edit Shared Parameters dialog, select the parameter from the Parameters pane and click Delete from the Parameters group box. Danger: Use care when deleting shared parameters since they may be used in other projects.
What is in place family in Revit?
In-place Revit families are powerful elements that can be created in the context of the Revit model. … The following quote is straight from the Revit Help topic: “You can create multiple in-place elements in your projects, and you can place copies of the same in-place element in your projects.
Where are system families Revit?
System families are predefined in and saved in templates and projects, not loaded into templates and projects from external files. Because system families are predefined in Revit, you can only load system family types in projects or templates. Revit includes many system families and project and system settings.
How do you add family to family in Revit?
- Click Insert tab Load from Library panel (Load Family).
- In the Load Family dialog, double-click the category of the family that you want to load.
- Preview any of the families (RFA) in the category: To preview a single family, select it from the list. …
- Select the family that you want to load, and click Open.
How do I delete a nested family in Revit?
In the one family you set the parameter to recessed. Then remove the type parameter and delete the Surface mounted nested family. In the other copy of the family you can set the parameter to surface mounted. Then remove the type parameter and delete the Surface mounted nested family.