How do you cut a shape into a wall in Revit?
Cut a Rectangular Opening in a Wall
- Open an elevation or section view where you can access the wall that will host the opening.
- Click (Wall Opening). Where is it? …
- Select the wall that will host the opening.
- Sketch a rectangular opening. …
- To modify an opening, click Modify, and select the opening.
How do you cut an extrusion in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do I cut a void in family in Revit?
Cutting with voids in families when loaded
- Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters.
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK.
- Load the family into the project and place it.
How do you cut multiples in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry) and select the void you created. Notice the cursor changes shape. Select the geometry you created in Step 3. Note: Select Multiple Cut on the options bar to select more than one element to be cut by the void.
Which Revit families can be cut?
If a family is cuttable, the family displays as cut when the cut plane of a view intersects that family in all types of views. In the Family Element Visibility Settings dialog, there is an option called When cut in Plan/RCP. This option determines if family geometry is shown when the cut plane intersects that family.
How do you extrude in Revit 2021?
Create an Extrusion
- In the Family Editor, on the Create tab Forms panel, do one of the following: …
- Use the sketching tools to sketch the extrusion profile: …
- On the Properties palette, specify the extrusion properties: …
- Click Modify | Create Extrusion tab Mode panel (Finish Edit Mode). …
- To view the extrusion, open a 3D view.
Where is Geometry in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry) and select the void you created. Notice the cursor changes shape. Select the geometry you created in Step 3.
How do you cut a hole in a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.
How do you cut a slab in Revit?
Cut an Opening in a Floor, Roof, or Ceiling
- Click By Face or Vertical. Where is it? Architecture tab Opening panel. Structure tab Opening panel. …
- If you chose By Face, select a face in the floor, ceiling, or roof. If you chose Vertical, select the entire element. Selected face for opening by face. …
- Click Finish Opening.