How do you split a surface in Revit?
Divide a Surface
- Select the surface to be divided. If you are unable to select a surface, enable the Select Elements by Face option.
- Click Modify | Form Element tab Divide panel (Divide Surface).
- Adjust UV grid spacing, rotation, and grid positioning as needed.
How do you edit a split surface?
- On the Command Panel, click on Geometry and then Surface.
- Click on the Modify action button.
- Select Split from the drop-down menu.
- Select By Location from the drop-down menu.
- Enter in the appropriate value for Surface ID(s). …
- Enter in the appropriate settings on this menu.
- Click Apply.
How do you split a surface topography in Revit?
- Open a site plan or 3D view.
- Click Massing & Site tab -> Modify Site panel -> Split Surface.
- In the drawing area, select the toposurface to split.
- Revit Architecture enters sketch mode.
- Click Split Surface tab -> Draw panel -> Use sketch tools to split the toposurface.
How do you merge Toposurface in Revit?
- Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Merge Surfaces).
- (Optional) On the Options Bar, clear Remove points on common edges. This option removes excess points that were inserted after a surface was split. …
- Select one toposurface to merge.
- Select another toposurface. The 2 surfaces merge into one.
How can I change my split face?
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel (Split Face).
- Place the cursor on the element face to highlight it. You may need to press Tab to select the desired face.
- Click to select the face.
- Sketch the face area to split. …
- Click (Finish Edit Mode).
How do you delete a split surface in Revit?
You should be able to remove the split face inside the family. When hovering over the edge of the split face it hightlights and is mentioned in the statusbar. Left click to select it, then you can delete it.
How do you split a surface in Civil 3d?
Split (divide) a surface into trimmed surfaces along curves-on-…
- Choose Surface Edit > Trim > Trim Surface .
- Click the surface you want to split.
- Click an area you want to separate. …
- Click the Divide button in the window.
How do you split Polysurfaces in rhino?
Multiple curves are allowed and can split the face into any number of parts. Rhino Split Face Command: Navigate to Solid > Solid Edit Tools > Faces > Split Face in the Rhino menu bar. Rhino will prompt for the face to be split and the curves to use for splitting.
How do you use subregions in Revit?
Click Massing & Site tab Modify Site panel (Subregion). Revit enters sketch mode.
- Select the subregion.
- Click Modify | Topography tab Subregion panel (Edit Boundary).
- Click (Pick Lines) or use other sketching tools to modify the subregion on the toposurface.