How do I convert STL to surface?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Start SOLIDWORKS and click Open. …
- Change the file type to STL (*.stl) …
- Notice that a new Options button is available now. …
- Change import body to Solid Body or Surface Body and press OK. …
- Browse to the STL file you want to import and click Open.
Can you convert STL to step?
A straightforward method of converting STL files to STEP files is to use Autodesk’s Fusion 360. To do this, first upload an STL file to Fusion 360. … Once that has finished, click on File -> Export. From there, you can select a variety of file types to export to, including STEP.
Can you modify an STL file?
You can definitely edit and modify STL files, and it can be done using two different types of modeling software: CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Software. Mesh Editing Tools.
Can SOLIDWORKS read STL file?
You can set import options when you import . stl, . wrl, or . 3mf files as SOLIDWORKS documents.
Can AutoCAD open STL files?
While some CAD programs are able to import STL files, AutoCAD users will know that it isn’t possible with this software. DWG is the native file format of AutoCAD that can store both 2D and 3D data. It’s highly compatible with other CAD software, making it one of the most commonly used formats around.
How can open STL file?
To open an STL file go to Start a new model and choose From a 3D file. You can browse for your file on the hard drive or drag and drop it into the browser.
How do I convert STL to Sldasm?
How to convert STL to sldprt
- Go to the option menu in SolidWorks.
- Select import.
- then select STL options.
- Finally select Solid Body.
- Now you can open your STL files in SolidWorks to make any modification.
How do you convert mesh to solid?
To Convert a Mesh Object to a 3D Solid
- Click Mesh tab Convert Mesh panel Convert Options drop-down.
- Specify one of the following conversion options: Smooth, optimized. …
- Click Mesh Modeling tab Convert Mesh panel Convert to Solid.
- Select a mesh object that has no gaps or intersecting faces.
How do I import a STEP file into SpaceClaim?
To import a design
- Select Open from the Application menu or click in the Quick Access toolbar, or click the Insert tool in the Insert ribbon group on the Design tab. …
- Select Check geometry to run the geometry check after the file is opened or imported. …
- Navigate to and select the file you want to open or insert.
How do I export a SpaceClaim geometry?
To export a design or 3D markup
- Select Save as from the File menu. You can also press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+S. …
- Select a file type from the Save as type drop-down.
- Depending on the selected file type, additional options appear in the Save As window: …
- Browse to a folder and type a file name in the dialog.
- Click Save.