How do you create a sweep in Solidworks?
To create a sweep:
- Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face. If you use guide curves: …
- Create the path for the profile to follow. Use a sketch, existing model edges, or curves. …
- Click one of the following: …
- In the PropertyManager: …
- Set the other PropertyManager options.
- Click OK .
What are the two necessary elements to create a sweep?
Two elements are required to create a sweep surface: Trajectory—Curve or curves that guide the sweep. Cross-sectional sweep profile—Curve or curves that sweep along the trajectory. ◦ One or two trajectories can be used.
What is the minimum number of sketches needed to create a simple sweep feature?
The SOLIDWORKS Sweep feature has been improving over the years; unlike Extrude the Sweep feature requires at least two sketches to be selected, namely the Profile and Path.
What are the minimum required sketches to create a sweep feature?
Tip: If you require multiple profiles from different sketches, use the Loft command. A sweep feature usually requires a minimum of two unconsumed sketches , a profile and a path, on intersecting planes. In some cases, you can use a single unconsumed sketch for the profile and an existing model edge for the path.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
Which command is usually known as sweep?
Creates a 3D solid or 3D surface by sweeping a 2D object or subobject along an open or closed path. Open-ended objects create 3D surfaces, while objects that enclose an area can be set to create either 3D solids or 3D surfaces.
How do I create a sweep in Revit 2020?
Create a Sweep
- To sketch a new path for the sweep, click Modify | Sweep tab Sweep panel (Sketch Path). The path can either be a single closed or single open path. …
- To select an existing line for the sweep, click Modify | Sweep tab Sweep panel (Pick Path).