Can you import a CAD file into Revit?
You can import data from other CAD programs into a Revit model. Supported CAD formats include AutoCAD (DWG and DXF), MicroStation® (DGN), Trimble® SketchUp® (SKP and DWG), SAT, and 3DM (Rhinoceros®). When you import a file, the format of the imported file may support varying qualities of geometry.
How do I convert 2D CAD to 3d in Revit?
There’s no way to “convert” a CAD file directly to a Revit model. You can link in various CAD files (plans, sections, elevations, details, etc.) to a Revit project, but you’ll just be using them as underlays. You’ll have to rebuild the entire building from scratch if you want a native Revit project.
Why can’t I see my imported CAD file in Revit?
Either by zooming to extents or closing and re-opening your file, you will be zoomed out so far that the CAD drawing (and your Revit model) are a tiny, invisible dot in the middle of your screen. To solve this, un-link or remove the CAD file.
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
How do you convert 3D to 2D?
Use the Convert 3D To 2D Polylines command to convert 3D to 2D polylines. The new polyline will take on the elevation of the start point of the 3D polyline. Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find. Select the polyline(s) to convert.
How do I convert 3D to 2D in SketchUp?
How to Switch to a 2D View in SketchUp
- Create a new SketchUp file by choosing File→New. Depending on the template you have set to open when you create a new SketchUp file, you may already be in a 2D view. …
- Choose Camera→Standard→Top. …
- Choose Camera→Parallel Projection.
How do I export a 3D view in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. …
- Rename the duplicate view: in the Project Browser, right-click the duplicate view, and click Rename. Enter a new name, and click OK.