How do I move a BOM in Solidworks?
You can drag BOMs that are not anchored. To move a BOM table: Click the upper left corner of the BOM and drag it.
How do I use BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I resize a BOM in Solidworks?
One Click SOLIDWORKS Bill of Material (BOM) Resizing
First, adjust one row to your desired row height, then press the shift button while you are still holding down the left mouse button, then let go of the left mouse button. All the SOLIDWORKS Bill of Material rows are auto adjusted to the same row height.
How do I export NX from BOM to excel?
How can I export them as excel? U can export BOM using Tools->Export->Objects to Excel from either Structure Manager or Manufacturing Process Planner modules.
How do I move a dimension from one view to another in Solidworks?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do I export BOM from SolidWorks?
To export a BOM:
- Right-click a BOM and click Save As.
- In the dialog box: In Save as type, select a file type. Browse to a folder, enter a file name, and click Save.
How do you do bom?
Necessary Elements of a Good BOM
- BOM level: Assign each part or assembly a number to detail where it fits in the hierarchy of the BOM. …
- Part number: Give each item within the BOM a unique part number, which allows anyone involved in the manufacturing cycle to reference and identify parts easily.
- Part name:
How do I add a column in Bom SolidWorks?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.
How do I change BOM font size?
Click on View Attributes and turn on Text Nodes to make it available for editing. Click on Text Node and edit it with standard Microstation text editing options. It allows to change Text Height, Width and Font.
How do I change row height in Solidworks?
To change row height or column width, do one of the following:
- Drag a row divider when the pointer changes to or a column divider when the pointer changes to .
- Right-click a row or column (or hold down Ctrl and select multiple rows or columns) and select Formatting > Row Height or Formatting > Column Width .
How do I change font size in bill of materials?
To edit text in a bill of materials (BOM):
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions.