How do you use an intersection curve in Solidworks?
on the Sketch toolbar, or Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. before selecting a plane). Select the intersecting items: Select a plane that intersects a face of the part.
What is intersect in Solidworks?
You can intersect solids, surfaces, or planes to modify existing geometry, or to create new geometry with the Intersect tool. … You can also merge solids that you define with the Intersect tool, or cap some surfaces to define closed volumes.
How do you find the intersection in Solidworks?
In the dimension tool, right-click the sketch entity or model geometry, and click Find Intersection. Select the model geometry or sketch entity that intersects your original selection. The virtual sharp is found and applied to the active dimension tool.
What is the curve of intersection of two surfaces?
The intersection of two algebraic surfaces is an algebraic space curve, whether the surfaces have been specified implicitly or in parametric form. It is known that every algebraic space curve can be mapped to a plane algebraic curve.
How do you use an intersection curve?
Intersection curve lives in Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. Once the tool has started, select the plane if not already selected, then all the faces the plane intersects that you want sketch lines through. Finish selecting all the faces for the plane to intersect to make sketch entities.
What are the geometric constraints in SolidWorks?
Geometric Constraints define relationships that force dependencies and limitations between entities. There are two types of Geometric Constraints: those that act on a single geometric entity and those that define a relationship between two geometric entities.
Where is the cavity feature in SolidWorks?
Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity. In the PropertyManager, under Design Components, select the design parts from the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you merge bodies in SolidWorks?
Combining Bodies – Add
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do you find the midpoint in SolidWorks?
Dimensioning to Midpoints
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- Right-click the edge whose midpoint you want to dimension, and click Select Midpoint.
- Select the second entity to dimension.
- Use rapid dimensioning to place evenly spaced dimensions.