How do you use data shortcuts?
In the Manage Tab > Data Shortcuts > Create Data Shortcuts.
- Select the surface or other Civil 3D object you wish to create a shortcut folder.
- Press Ok.
- Check the shortcut was created by expanding the Data Shortcuts in the Prospector.
What is data shortcuts in Autocad?
Data shortcuts are stored in the _Shortcuts folder for the active project and are used to create data references to the source objects in other drawings. Each data shortcut is stored in a separate XML file. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts.
Do data shortcuts update automatically?
When one object is edited, all dependent objects (and their labels) update automatically. These dynamic relationships can also exist between drawings using a concept called Data Shortcuts. Data Shortcuts work much like the icons on your desktop used to launch applications.
What does promoting a data shortcut do?
Promote references to independent objects. A promoted reference becomes an independent object, and is no longer automatically updated if the original source is edited. In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the Data Shortcuts collection to see the data shortcut of interest.
What are data shortcuts?
A data shortcut provides a direct path to the location of a shareable source object. In a single operation, you can create data shortcuts for multiple objects in a source drawing. The data shortcut is used only for the creation of data references.
How do I bring a surface to the data shortcut?
Exercise 2: Creating Data Shortcuts
- Click Manage tab Data Shortcuts panel Create Data Shortcuts Find. Note: …
- In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select the following check boxes: Surfaces. …
- Click OK. Now that the data shortcuts have been created, the current drawing is associated with the data shortcuts project.
How do you reference data in a profile?
To create a reference to a data shortcut profile
Expand the parent alignment of the profile you want to reference. Right-click the desired profile, and then click Create Reference.
How do you synchronize data shortcuts in Civil 3D?
To manually synchronize data shortcuts: In AutoCAD Civil 3D, in the Accruent menu, click Synchronize Data Shortcuts to Local (local workspace) or Synchronize Data Shortcuts to Vault. Note: The Synchronize Data Shortcuts to Vault command only synchronizes new or modified shortcuts.
How do you create a data reference?
To create a reference to a data shortcut surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in Master View, ensure that the correct working folder is identified on the Data Shortcuts node.
- Expand the Data Shortcuts Surfaces collection, right-click the desired surface, and then click Create Reference.
How do you update data shortcuts?
- Manage tab > Data Shortcuts panel > Synchronize References. Update the reference name.
- The data shortcut name has been updated and synchronized.
- Save the file.
How do you data reference a surface in Civil 3d?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, in the Data ShortcutsSurfaces collection, right-click EG. Click Create Reference. In the Create Surface Reference dialog box, notice that you can specify a Name, Description, Style, and Render Material for the surface.
How do I use survey database in Civil 3d?
In Toolspace, on the Survey tab, right-click the Survey Databases collection. Click New Local Survey Database. In the New Local Survey Database dialog box, enter the name for the database and click OK. The database is created and displayed in bold text under the Survey Databases collection.
How do you reference data in Autocad?
In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, right-click Data Shortcuts Create Data Shortcuts. In the Create Data Shortcuts dialog box, select any objects to be referenced in other drawings, and then click OK. Now you can create references to the data shortcuts in other drawings.
Can you promote a corridor?
To promote all references in a drawing
Note: Corridor references cannot be promoted.
How do you create a reference in Autocad?
Attach an Xref
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. Find.
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select one or more files you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Attachment.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. …
- Click OK.