How do you control dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you move dimensions in Solidworks drawings?
To move or copy dimensions from one view to another view: Hold the Shift key (to move) or the Ctrl key (to copy) as you drag the dimensions into another view. Use this method to create multiple driving dimensions.
How do you set dimension tolerance in Solidworks?
To open the Dimension Tolerance dialog box: Click Tolerance in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions. In TolAnalyst, when a dimension is a callout with more than one value, you can select a value and edit it.
How do I show dimensions in Solidworks 2019?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How do you move text size in Solidworks?
- Click Options on the Standard toolbar, or click Tools > Options.
- On the Document Properties tab, expand Dimensions.
- Click a dimension type, for example, Angle.
- In Text position, select a position, for example, Broken Leader, Horizontal Text .
- Click OK.
How do you add tolerance?
To Add Tolerance to Dimensions (AutoCAD Mechanical)
- In the drawing area, select the dimension you want to edit. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Tolerance. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Method drop-down.
- Select the desired tolerance method.
How do I change dimension style in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I change dimension properties in Solidworks?
In a drawing, click Options (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions.
Why are my dimensions GREY in Catia?
If your options are on default dimension colors gray means non assosiative dimensions. Dimension does not have 3D element reference. On what level you are running CATIA? In V5R7 dimensions were gray when dimensioning drawing elements generated from mirrored 3D elements.
What do pink dimensions mean in SOLIDWORKS?
Why are reference dimensions I add to drawings pink? They’re assigned to a blue layer. Changing the color option for driven dimensions has no effect. The ref dimensions in my older drawings remain blue when the drawing is opened, but any dimensions added to the drawing are pink.