How do I change the default settings in Solidworks?
To change the default template:
- Click Options or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select one of the following: …
- Click OK.
How do I change the default units in Solidworks 2021?
Setting Default Units
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system. …
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default unit precision in Solidworks?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.
How do I change Dimension to ANSI in Solidworks?
Dimension standard: ANSI, ISO, DIN, JIS, BSI, GOST, GB. In the application, you can change these settings for individual documents and for your document templates. Unit system for individual documents, go to Tools > Options > Document Properties > Units.
How do I change the default font in SOLIDWORKS?
Changing the Font for Note Text or Labels
- Select the note text or label.
- In the PropertyManager, clear Document font.
- Click Font.
- Set the font options and click OK. If you change the label font, you are asked if you want to apply the change to the note text.
How do you pan in SOLIDWORKS?
Scrolls the part, assembly, or drawing in the document window. Click Pan (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Pan, then drag the pointer . Hold down Ctrl and drag.
How do I change document properties in SOLIDWORKS?
What is the process to update template settings?
- Create a new document (part, assembly, or drawing) …
- Go to the location of the setting you wish to change (‘Document Properties’, ‘View’ menu, …
- Change the setting (or place Features or Sketches into the ‘FeatureManager Design Tree’)
How do I increase dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
How do I change the size of a SOLIDWORKS file?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do I change units in SOLIDWORKS 2019?
To set units options:
- Click Simulation > Options. …
- Under Unit system, select SI (International System of Units), English (U.S. Customary Unit System), or Metric (gravitational system of units).
- Under Units, select the desired units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.