To Adjust the Options for the DWG File Exporter
- Click the menu browser button located at the top-left corner of the application window.
- Click Autodesk Navisworks Export Option on the Autodesk Navisworks menu.
- Expand the File Exporters node in the Options Editor, and click the DWG page. …
- Click OK to save the changes.
While Navisworks will not directly export to a DWG or DXF format, it will export to a DWF, which then can be attached as an external reference within AutoCAD. Navisworks can also export a FBX file, which then can be imported into AutoCAD.
Can you convert NWC to DWG?
Re: NWC to DWG conversion
Open the NWC in Navisworks and export to FBX. Then download the DBX converter to go to DXF. Now you can open the dxf in autocad to create the DWG.
To Export NWC Files from Revit
- In Revit, click Add-Ins External Tools Autodesk Navisworks. …
- In the Export Scene As dialog box, enter the name for the Autodesk Navisworks file, and browse to the desired storage location.
- Click Save to export the file, or Cancel to return to the application without exporting it.
To Export a Selection
- Click an object in the Scene View or on the Selection Tree. …
- Click Home tab Select & Search panel Selection Inspector .
- Deselect any objects you do not want to include in the exported file. …
- Click Export Export CSV.
Solution: While Navisworks files cannot be directly opened in AutoCAD for editing purposes, they can be attached as coordination models using the External References palette. … Note: AutoCAD LT does not have the ability to attach NWC/NWD files as references, nor does AutoCAD for Mac.
the NavisWorks FREEDOM can only open NWD files. See if the options for DWG are there. Import the options XML on the machine with the error.
Note: The Export function is not available in Navisworks Freedom. Use the following steps to export Navisworks data: Open the Navisworks file. Using the Selection Tools, select all of the elements that you want to get data from.
- In the Quantification Workbook, click Import/Export Catalogs and Export Quantities.
- From the drop down list, click Export Quantities to Excel.
- Save the file to your preferred location.
Click Home tab Project panel File Options . In the File Options dialog box, click the Culling tab. Select Fixed for the Near clipping plane, and enter the desired value in the Distance box. Select Fixed for the Far clipping plane, and enter the desired value in the Distance box.
To Export an FBX File
- In Autodesk Navisworks application, click Output tab Export Scene panel FBX .
- In the FBX Options dialog box, select the Enable check box in the Polygon Limiting area to restrict the amount of geometry exported into the output file. …
- Select the desired options in the Include area.
How do I export NWC from AutoCAD?
To export an NWC file, type NWCOUT at the command line. Press Return. In the Save As dialog box, enter the name for the Autodesk Navisworks file, and browse to the desired storage location. Click OK to export the file, or Cancel to return to the application without exporting it.
What are DWF drawings?
A DWF file is a 2D/3D drawing saved in the Design Web Format (DWF) developed by Autodesk. It contains design data, which includes graphics and text. DWF files are saved in a Zip-compressed format to reduce the size of the file.
To Export a 3D DWF/DWFx File
- Click Output tab Export Scene panel 3D DWF/DWFx .
- In the Export dialog box, enter a new filename and location, if you want to change from those suggested.
- Click Save.