Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
To link values by using a global variable in the Modify dialog box:
- Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). …
- Type a name for the global variable. …
- Click Create Global Variable .
- Click . …
- Toggle the display of the value and the name by clicking the Global Variable button .
How do I change a global variable in Solidworks?
You can edit the global variable by double clicking the dimensions and using the Modify dialog box, or by editing the values in the Equations dialog box.
How do you use parameters in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter. Define global variables in the Add Equation dialog box.
How do I use configurations in Solidworks?
To create a configuration, you specify a name and properties, then you modify the model to create the design variations you want. In part documents, configurations allow you to create families of parts with different dimensions, features, and properties, including custom properties.
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
yes. There’s two ways you can do this. The first way is to use the dimension number (this is the parameter name under the sketch in the parameter dialog) and divide it by 2 for your smaller circle. then use the parameter name when creating your dimensions.
What is design table solidworks?
A design table allows you to build multiple configurations of parts or assemblies by specifying parameters in an embedded Microsoft Excel worksheet. The design table is saved in the model document and is not linked to the original Excel file.
How do you hide reference dimensions in Solidworks?
To hide an individual dimension, right-click it, and select Hide. To hide all the dimensions of a selected feature, right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree, or right-click one of its faces, and select Hide All Dimensions.
How do you represent reference dimensions?
Prior to use of modern Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software, reference dimensions were traditionally indicated on a drawing by the abbreviation “REF” written adjacent to the dimension (typically to the right or underneath the dimension). However, standard ASME Y14.