How do you draw a mass in Revit?
Create an In-Place Mass
- Click Massing & Site tab Conceptual Mass panel (In-Place Mass).
- Enter a name for the in-place mass family, and click OK. The application window displays the conceptual design environment.
- Create the desired shapes using the tools on the Draw panel. …
- When you are finished, click Finish Mass.
How do you create a void Mass in Revit?
Create a Void Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
How do you create a mass family in Revit?
When you create a mass family in the Family Editor, you can then load the family into a project, and place instances of the mass family in the project. Click File tab New Conceptual Mass. In the New Conceptual Mass dialog, select Mass.
How do you merge masses in Revit?
Joining Mass Instances in a Project
- Click Modify tab Geometry panel Join drop-down (Join Geometry).
- Select the first mass instance, and then the second. The overlapping form of the first mass cuts into the second mass.
How do I select a void form in Revit?
A solid form created after the void has been created can be cut with the intersecting void using the Cut tool from the Modify tab of the ribbon. Select Cut, and then select the void and the elements that should be cut by the void.
How do I show a void in Revit?
You need to do Cut Geometry > object > family with void, in the project.
How do I turn off Sun in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Sun Settings). Or, on the View Control Bar, click Sun Path Off/On Sun Settings. Note: You can also access the Sun Settings dialog from the Rendering dialog or the Graphic Display Options dialog.