What is detail in Solidworks?
You create a detail view in a drawing to show a portion of a view, usually at an enlarged scale.
What is a detail view?
A detail view is a view of the model that appears as a callout or section in other views. This type of view typically represents the model at finer scales of detail than in the parent view. A detail view can be created as a section or a callout.
How do I move a detail view in Solidworks?
Drag the center point to change the position, or drag a side to change the size.
Modifying a Detail View
- Right-click the profile sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the profile as needed to change the shape or size.
- Click Rebuild to update the detail view.
How do I delete detail view in Solidworks?
To delete views:
- Right-click anywhere in a drawing view and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion. If you delete a detail or section view, select Delete detail sketch or Delete section sketch so the sketch used to create the view is also deleted.
How do I align a section line in Solidworks?
Click Aligned Section View on the Drawing toolbar, or click Insert, Drawing View, Aligned Section.
How do I view sections in Solidworks?
To create a section view:
- In a part or assembly document, click Section View. (View toolbar) or View > Display > Section View.
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section 1, set the properties.
- To section the model with additional planes or faces, select Section 2 and Section 3 and set the properties. …
- Click .
What is the purpose of detail view?
A detail view is used to clarify specific areas of a drawing. Usually, an area is enlarged so that small details are easier to see.
What is a section view?
What is a section view? A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. … The unwanted portion is mentally discarded exposing the interior construction.
Can you dimension on a section view?
You can dimension between a section line and another line or edge. You can also add dimensions to the parent view to anchor the section line.
How do you add foreshortened dimensions in Solidworks?
To set a document-level default for the foreshortened style, with a drawing open, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions > Linear and under Foreshortened, select a style. You can also specify to automatically foreshorten a linear dimension when the geometry of one end is outside the drawing view.
How do you make an O ring groove in Solidworks?
To create an O-ring groove, click the O-Ring Grooves tab.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, expand the groove feature.
- Right-click the sketch under the feature and select Edit Sketch. The sketch opens for editing. …
- Add dimensions and relations to the sketch to define its position.
- Exit the sketch.