How do I run a benchmark test in SOLIDWORKS?
Before you open any applications, from the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > SOLIDWORKS Performance Test.
How do you run a Simulation in SOLIDWORKS?
To run a study, right-click its icon in the Simulation study tree and select Run or click Run in the Simulation toolbar. When you run one or multiple Simulation studies, they run as background processes. Simulation continues to run in the background after the SOLIDWORKS session is ended.
How do you calculate loading capacity in SOLIDWORKS?
Performing Bearing Calculations
- Click Bearing Calculator (Toolbox toolbar) or Toolbox > Bearing Calculator .
- In the Bearing Calculator dialog box, select a standard, a bearing type, and an available bearing from the lists on the bottom left of the dialog box.
- Select the Units of measurement.
What are the 5 steps to running a simulation in Solidworks?
Part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation’s ease of use are the simple Six Steps that every Simulation Study shares.
- Step 1: Define your Study. …
- Step 2: Assign your Materials.
- Step 3: Apply the Boundary Conditions (Free Body Diagram)
- Step 4: Mesh the Model.
- Step 5: Run the Analysis (Solve)
- Step 6: View the Results.
How do I force a single point in Solidworks?
To apply nonuniform force to an entity in a certain direction:
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the External Loads icon and select Force. …
- Click inside the Faces, Edges, Vertices, and Reference Points for Force box , then select the entity to which the force is applied.
- Click Selected direction.
Is Graphics important for Solidworks?
A good graphics card is one of the most important elements for running SOLIDWORKS efficiently, however it’s important to make sure there is an effective balance between Graphics Card and CPU. A high-end graphics card will not be able to run effectively if paired with an entry-level CPU.
What is hardware benchmarking?
A benchmark is a test that measures the performance of hardware, software, or computer. These tests help compare how well a product may do against other products. When comparing benchmarks, the higher the value of the results, the faster the component, software, or overall computer is.
Does simulation come with SOLIDWORKS?
Simulation Standard includes the Static Linear Analysis offered in SOLIDWORKS Premium, and adds Fatigue Analyses and Trend Tracker. … The Linear Static Simulation included with SOLIDWORKS Premium also provides access to the breadth of mesh capabilities including Solid, Shell, and Beam meshing.
How do I open a FEA file in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS Simulation results in the graphics area:
- Open an assembly that has a simulation study saved with it.
- Click the Static 1 tab.
- In the Simulation Study tree, right click Static 1 and click Run.
- Click the Model tab.
- Click Simulation Display (View toolbar) or View > Display > Simulation Display .
How do you do a stress analysis in Solidworks?
Setting Up Stress Analysis
- Click Simulation Setup (MotionManager toolbar).
- In the graphics area, select a component on which to perform the stress analysis. …
- Enter the Start Time and End Time for the analysis. …
- Click Add Time. …
- Repeat Steps 3 – 4 to compute stress analysis on other time intervals. …
- Do one:
How do you do a weight analysis in Solidworks?
To display mass properties:
- Select items (components or solid bodies) to be evaluated. If no component or solid body is selected, the mass properties for the entire assembly or part are reported.
- Click Mass Properties (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Mass Properties. …
- Optionally, you can do the following: