How do you curve a face in Solidworks?
Face Curves PropertyManager
- Click Face Curves (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves, then select a face or surface.
- Select a face or surface, then click Face Curves or Tools > Sketch Tools > Face Curves.
How do you curve a straight line in Solidworks?
- Click Line (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools, Sketch Entities, Line and sketch a line.
- Click the endpoint of the line, then move the pointer away. The preview shows another line.
- Move the pointer back to the endpoint, then away again. …
- Click to place the arc.
- Move the pointer away from the arc endpoint.
How do you make a 3D spline?
To create a spline in a 3D sketch:
- Click 3D Sketch. (Sketch toolbar) or Insert > 3D Sketch.
- Click Spline. …
- Click to place the first spline point, then drag to sketch the spline. …
- Continue to place spline points and change planes if necessary.
- When the spline is complete, double-click to stop sketching.
Why do we use project curve tool?
The Project Curve feature is more like the Split Line than the Wrap feature. It can do everything the Split Line feature with one exception; it gives up the ability to split faces in favor of being able to use open contour sketches that are within the boundary of a face.
How do you close a curve in Solidworks?
If you want to close the curve, select the Closed curve check box. icon appears next to the curve name in the FeatureManager design tree.
Can you flatten a surface in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS software can flatten developable and non-developable surfaces and faces. … Non-developable surfaces and faces deform when flattened. You can select curves and sketches on the surface to flatten. You can also select curves, sketches, and edges on the surface to be relief cuts or split lines.