Why is extrude cut grayed out?
That option is grayed out until you have 3D geometry in your part because obviously you can’t do a cut when there’s nothing there to cut from. Once you have something modeled, then you have the option to choose to do an add or cut.
Why are things greyed out in Solidworks?
IF THIS OPTION IS GREYED OUT IT MEANS THAT YOU DID NOT EXPLODE THE ASSEMBLY WITHIN THE ASSEMBLY FILE ITSELF.
How do you do cut Extrude in Solidworks?
Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve. Set the options as needed in the Cut-Extrude or Cut-Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you trim an extrude?
To Trim an Extruded 3D Space
- Select the space to be trimmed, right-click, and click AEC Modify Tools Trim .
- Specify a start point for the trim line.
- Specify an endpoint for the trim line.
- Select the side of the space to be trimmed.
How do you cut a body in Solidworks?
- Edit the solid body: In the FeatureManager design tree, click the solid body and click Edit Part. …
- Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface.
- In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies.
How do I exit solidworks?
To exit a sketch, do one of the following:
- Click Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or click Edit > Rebuild.
- Click Exit Sketch on the Sketch toolbar.
- Click Insert > Exit Sketch .
- Right-click and select Exit Sketch .
- Click Exit Sketch or Cancel in the Confirmation Corner.
- Click Edit > Exit Sketch without Saving Changes.
What is extrude cut in SolidWorks?
Extrude tool is used to extend a sketched profile in one or two directions as either a thin feature or a solid feature. An extrude operation can either add material to a part (in a base or boss) or remove material from a part.
How do you extrude both sides in SolidWorks?
To extrude in both directions from the sketch plane in the PropertyManager, under Direction 1, select Through All – Both Directions. To extrude as a thin feature, set the PropertyManager options in Thin Feature. When you drag the manipulator to set the size, an Instant3D ruler appears so you can set precise values.
How do you remove cut Extrude in SolidWorks?
To use Delete/Keep Body:
- Click Delete/Keep Solid/Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Features > Delete/Keep Body.
- In the PropertyManager, select Delete Bodies or Keep Bodies.
How do I cut extrude in Autocad 2021?
To Create a 3D Solid by Extruding
- If necessary, on the status bar click Workspace Switching and select 3D Modeling. Find.
- Click Solid tab > Solid panel > Extrude. Find.
- Select the objects or edge subobjects to extrude.
- Specify the height.