Why is cavity greyed out Solidworks?
Cavity can’t do anything (and will be greyed out) if you have only a single (or no) solid body.
How do I enable cavities in Solidworks?
Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity. In the PropertyManager, under Design Components, select the design parts from the FeatureManager design tree. Under Scale Parameters: Select the point about which scaling occurs for Scale about.
How do you make a cavity in Solidworks 2020?
To create a cavity in the mold base:
- Optional: Insert the design parts and the mold base into an interim assembly.
- In the assembly window, select the mold base, and click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity.
What is Cavity feature?
These cavity features are derived from the specific organs of speech in the mouth and the nose namely, the tongue, palate, lips and nose.
How do you split in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
Is a cavity a hole?
A cavity is a hole in a tooth that develops from tooth decay. Cavities form when acids in the mouth wear down, or erode, a tooth’s hard outer layer (enamel). Anyone can get a cavity. Proper brushing, flossing and dental cleanings can prevent cavities (sometimes called dental caries).
Where is cavity in Solidworks?
Click Cavity on the Mold Tools toolbar, or click Insert > Mold > Cavity. In the PropertyManager, under Design Components, select the design parts from the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you cut intersecting parts in Solidworks?
Intersecting Bodies to Modify Part Geometry
- With the part open, click Insert > Features > Intersect .
- For Solids, Surfaces, or Planes, select the bodies to intersect or merge.
- Select Cap planar openings on surfaces to cap flat openings in surfaces.
- Click Intersect. …
- Select regions to exclude. …
- Select options as required:
How do I indent tool in Solidworks?
To create indent features:
- Click Indent (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Indent.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selections: Select a solid or surface body to indent in the graphics area for Target Body . …
- Under Parameters: Set the Thickness (solids only) to determine the thickness of the indent feature. …
- Click .
How do you subtract in Solidworks?
To subtract bodies:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Subtract.
- For Main Body, select the body to keep. …
- For Bodies to Subtract, select the bodies whose material you want to remove.
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
What is the meaning of cavity in zoology?
Cavity. (Science: anatomy) a hollow place or space or a potential space, within the body or in one of its organs, it may be normal or pathological.