Why we use convert entities in Solidworks?
The Convert Entities tool allows users to make a copied projection of a given sketch, face, or set of edges onto the active sketch plane. These sketch entities will update their size and/or positioning if either of these characteristics changes in the source sketch.
What is convert entities & where is used?
Convert Entities and Offset Entities are two powerful tools you can use when editing a sketch in SOLIDWORKS. Let’s begin with the Convert Entities tool. Whenever we need to make a sketch entity that matches other geometry of our model we can use the Convert Entities tool.
How do I use convert entities in Solidworks assembly?
Using Convert Entities
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
Where is convert entities in Solidworks?
To open the Convert Entities PropertyManager:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves.
- Click Convert Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Convert Entities.
How do you mirror entities in Solidworks?
To mirror sketch entities as you sketch them:
- Select a line or a model edge in an open sketch.
- Click Dynamic Mirror Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Dynamic Mirror . …
- Create the sketch entities that you want to mirror. …
- To turn mirroring off, click Dynamic Mirror Entities.
What is the use of trim entities?
Trims open sketch entities that lie inside two bounding entities. Trims open sketch entities outside of two bounding entities. You can use the Trim PropertyManager to select a trim type and control other trimming options.
What are offset entities?
Offset entities takes a copy of your existing geometry and copies it at an offset. Instead of recreating geometry, you can use this to quickly sketch based on model geometry. Offset entities is a great tool for enlarging or shrinking your sketch geometry.
How do you offset entities in SolidWorks?
To create a sketch offset:
- In an open sketch, select one or more sketch entities, a model face, or a model edge.
- Click Offset Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Offset Entities.
- Set the properties in the Offset Entities PropertyManager. …
How do you power trim in Solidworks?
To trim with the Power trim option:
- Right-click the sketch and select Edit Sketch.
- Click Trim Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Options, select Power trim .
- Click in the graphics area next to the first entity, and drag across the sketch entity to trim.
How many components does an assembly contain?
How many components does an assembly contain? An assembly contains two or more components.
How do you offset a sketch plane in Solidworks?
You can also Ctrl + drag an existing plane to create a new plane that is offset from the existing plane.