How do you get features in Solidworks?
To show feature descriptions: At the top of the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the part, assembly, or drawing name, and select Tree Display > Show Feature Descriptions. By default, feature descriptions are the same as the feature names and are not displayed.
Where is the Features toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
What is feature in Solidworks?
Features are the individual shapes that, when combined, make up the part. You can also add some types of features to assemblies. Features include multibody part capability. You can include separate extrude, revolve, loft, or sweep features, within the same part document.
How do I open the feature properties in Solidworks?
To access the Feature Properties dialog box, in the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a feature and select Feature Properties. The name of the feature. To change the name, select it and enter a new name. Click OK.
Can solidworks do FEA?
Solidworks Simulation uses FEA (Finite Element Analysis) methods to identify the behavior of parts or assemblies/parts when a load is applied.
How do I enable FeatureWorks in Solidworks?
To set FeatureWorks to activate whenever you open SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-Ins and select FeatureWorks under the Active Add-ins and Start-up columns.
How do I get my SOLIDWORKS toolbar back?
Right-click on the menu bar or command manager again at the top of the SOLIDWORKS display area, but this time select Customize -> Toolbars -> Reset To Defaults and confirm by selecting Yes.
You can also show or hide the Heads-Up View toolbar by selecting or clearing View > Toolbars > View (Heads-Up). Search ‘Heads-up View Toolbar’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
What is the standard toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
The Standard toolbar controls file management and model regeneration. Removes one or more selected items. The Confirm Delete dialog box provides you with basic and advanced options to remove one or more selected items.
Is Shell A sketched feature?
Sketched features require the use of a sketch in order to be created, and include features such as Extruded Boss/Cut, Revolved Boss/Cut and many others. Applied features do not require a sketch, and are applied directly to existing geometry. Shell and Fillet features fall into this category.
How do you modify completed feature?
To edit the definition of a feature:
- Do one of the following: Select a feature in the FeatureManager design tree or the graphics area. Click Edit > Definition. …
- Edit the definition in the dialog box by specifying new values or options.
- Click OK to accept the changes.
What are the advantages of Solidworks?
5 Reasons To Use SOLIDWORKS
- Efficient 3D design. SOLIDWORKS is an easy to use parametric design modular, meaning you can easily edit the design at any stage in the design process. …
- Customer/Supplier Compatibility. …
- Built-In Applications. …
- Short Learning Curve. …
- After Sales Support.
Can you change feature properties in Solidworks?
Editing Feature Properties
To edit feature properties: In the FeatureManager design tree or in the graphics area, select one or more features, then click Edit > Properties or right-click the features and select Feature Properties.
Where is the property manager in Solidworks?
The PropertyManager appears on the PropertyManager tab in the panel to the left of the graphics area. It opens when you select entities or commands defined in the PropertyManager. You can choose whether it opens in other cases in Tools > Options > System Options > General .
How do I change properties in Solidworks?
To change a document property:
- In the Document Information dialog box, or in SOLIDWORKS Explorer, select the Properties tab.
- Right-click a property and select Change. You cannot change properties such as Revision or Status that are controlled by Workgroup PDM processes.
- Edit the text in the Value box and click OK.