How do you make balloons in Solidworks?
- Click Balloon (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Annotations > Balloon. …
- Edit the properties in the PropertyManager as needed, then click a component in a drawing view of an assembly, or click a component in an assembly model, to place the leader, then click again to place the balloon.
What are balloons used for in a drawing?
You can create balloons in a drawing document or in a note. The balloons label the parts in the assembly and relate them to item numbers on the bill of materials (BOM). Use balloons to label components with their item numbers from the bill of materials and to reference notes in the drawing.
What is the icon for auto balloon in Solidworks?
To insert auto balloons into a drawing view: Click Auto Balloon on the Annotations toolbar, or click Insert > Annotations > Auto Balloon.
How do you change the size of a balloon in Solidworks?
Editing Balloon Text
- Double-click the balloon text and edit in place.
- Select the balloon and edit the text in the PropertyManager.
- Right-click the balloon and click Properties.
How do you insert a bill of materials in Solidworks?
To insert a Bill of Materials into a drawing:
- Click Bill of Materials (Table toolbar), or Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Select a drawing view to specify the model.
- Set the properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, then click OK .
How do you add materials in BOM solidworks?
To insert a bill of materials:
- With a drawing view selected, click Insert > Tables > Excel Based Bill of Materials.
- In the dialog box, select an Excel template for the BOM and click Open. …
- In the Bill of Materials Properties dialog box, select properties from the Configuration, Contents, and Control tabs.
- Click OK.
How do you create a BOM in Solidworks?
To create a BOM directly from a part or assembly:
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
What is a balloon callout?
Create and edit callouts (balloons) with a leader line. Callouts are associative with the part metadata of the document and a BOM table when a BOM App is used within your Onshape document. When a BOM table is present, the callout defaults to use the Item Number in the table.
How do I draw a balloon in PDF?
- If Acrobat is running, close and restart it.
- Open the file you want to bubble.
- Click the pull down arrow next to the “Stamp” button.
- Choose the circle or oval stamp under the “Bubble Stamp” category.
- Click on the drawing where you want your bubble.
What is the purpose of balloons and a parts list in a working drawing?
Parts lists can display a portion or all of the information in the BOM. A balloon identifies a part or assembly listed in the parts list by labeling them in the drawing.