What is swept boss solidworks?
Swept Boss/Base PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path.
- Click Swept Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
What is swept boss?
Set the PropertyManager options based on the sweep boss/base feature. To open this PropertyManager: Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path.
How many sketches do we need to use the feature lofted boss?
Sketch your profiles.
A minimum of two are required but a higher number of profiles allows you to create more complex shapes. Ideally profiles should be closed but Thin Feature Lofts can be created. The profiles should be spaced apart and this can be easily achieved by using multiple Planes.
How many sketches do we need to use the feature swept boss?
The SOLIDWORKS Sweep feature has been improving over the years; unlike Extrude the Sweep feature requires at least two sketches to be selected, namely the Profile and Path.
What do you mean by swept?
intransitive verb. 1a : to clean a surface with or as if with a broom. b : to move swiftly, forcefully, or devastatingly the wind swept through the treetops. 2 : to go with stately or sweeping movements proudly swept into the room. 3 : to move or extend in a wide curve or range.
How do you sweep a pipe in Solidworks?
To create a circular profile sweep:
- In a part, click Insert > Cut > Sweep to cut a tube into the part.
- In the PropertyManager, under Profile and Path, click Circular Profile.
- In the graphics area, select a curved edge for Path. …
- Click . …
- Click Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep to add the solid rod.
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane?
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane? The coordinate triad has changed its position to represent the position of the plane you are sketching on.
How do you do a 3d sweep in Solidworks?
To create a sweep: Sketch a closed, non-intersecting profile on a plane or a face.
Click one of the following:
- Swept Boss/Base on the Features toolbar or Insert > Boss/Base > Sweep.
- Swept Cut on the Features toolbar or Insert > Cut > Sweep.
- Swept Surface on the Surfaces toolbar or Insert > Surface > Sweep.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .