What does revolved boss base do in Solidworks?
Revolved Boss or Base is a SolidWorks feature tool which is used to create solid 3D model around an axis. You can revolve the sketch around an axis to add materials to it.
How do you make a revolved boss in Solidworks?
To create a revolve feature: Create a sketch that contains one or more profiles and a centerline, line, or edge to use as the axis around which the feature revolves. Click one of the following revolve tools: Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve.
How do you use revolve Extrude in Solidworks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How many sketches do we need to use the feature swept boss?
The SOLIDWORKS Sweep feature has been improving over the years; unlike Extrude the Sweep feature requires at least two sketches to be selected, namely the Profile and Path.
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane?
How can you tell if you are sketching on a different sketch plane? The coordinate triad has changed its position to represent the position of the plane you are sketching on.
How do you use the Hole Wizard in Solidworks?
You can use the Hole Wizard to create customized holes of various types. To create hole wizard holes, create a part and select a surface, click Hole Wizard (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Hole > Wizard, set the PropertyManager options, and click .
How do you do a revolved cut in Solidworks?
Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. The profile can contain more than one closed contour. Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve. Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do you make a revolved surface?
To create a revolved surface:
- Sketch a profile and a centerline around which to revolve the profile.
- Click Revolved Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Revolve.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click OK .
Where is revolve in Solidworks?
Revolved Cut (Features toolbar) or Insert > Cut > Revolve. Revolved Surface (Surfaces toolbar) or Insert > Surface > Revolve.
What is swept boss base in Solidworks?
Swept Boss/Base PropertyManager
- Open a part that has either a closed profile sketch and a sketch path, or a part with a sketch line, edge or curve on the model that you can specify as a path.
- Click Swept Boss/Base (Features toolbar).
How do I use chamfer in Solidworks?
The chamfer tool creates a beveled feature on selected edges, faces, or a vertex.
To create a chamfer:
- Click Chamfer (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Chamfer.
- Under Chamfer Parameters, select an item and set parameters. …
- Click .