How do I configure AutoCAD?
To Set Drawing Options (General)
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply. To save the settings and close the dialog box, click OK.
How do I change display configuration in AutoCAD?
Right-click the display configuration, and click Set To Current Viewport.
- Select the viewport for which you want to assign a display configuration.
- In the drawing status area, select the setting for Display Configuration. …
- Select the display configuration that you want to use.
How do I enable mechanical in AutoCAD?
To Automatically Enable Mechanical Structure for Any New Drawing You Create (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- At the Command prompt, enter OPTIONS.
- Click the AM:Structure tab.
- Select the Always enable structure for new drawings check box.
What is attach in AutoCAD?
Inserts references to external files such as other drawings, raster images, point clouds, coordination models, and underlays. … You can also attach point clouds (RCP and RCS files) and coordination models (NWD and NWC Navisworks files) using this method (not available in AutoCAD LT).
What are the AutoCAD commands?
|Ctrl+A||Select all objects|
|Ctrl+Shift+C||Copy to clipboard with base point|
|Ctrl+Shift+V||Paste data as block|
|Ctrl+Z||Undo last action|
Where are AutoCAD settings saved?
If the Import/Export options cannot be accessed from the start menu, the default folder location is: C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsAutoCAD 20xx – EnglishMigrate Custom Settings.
How do I change the default view in AutoCAD?
To Restore the Default Home View
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the Open and Save tab, under File Save, click Thumbnail Preview Settings.
- Click Reset Home To Default, and click OK to exit the dialog boxes.
How do I change the background size in AutoCAD?
Click the layout tab for which you want to set the paper size. In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Paper Size, select a paper size from the list.
What specs do you need for AutoCAD?
- Operating System: 64-bit Microsoft Windows 10 or 8.1.
- Processor: 2.5 GHz (3+ GHz recommended)
- Memory: 8 GB (16GB recommended)
- Disk space: 7.0 GB.
- Display: 1920 x 1080 resolution with True Color.
What is Auto CAD MEP?
AutoCAD MEP software for designers and drafters.
AutoCAD MEP software helps you draft, design, and document building systems. … AutoCAD MEP adds features to help you draft, design and document MEP building systems in an AutoCAD environment. Create accurate construction documentation of MEP systems design.