What can Onshape be used for?
Onshape is a cloud-based computer-aided design (CAD) software. Using web-based servers, software users can collaborate on a single model, editing and interacting at the same time. The program is intended for many industries looking to design products, machine parts, industrial equipment, etc.
What files does Onshape support?
Onshape can import the following file types to Part Studios:
- CATIA v4.
- CATIA v5.
- CATIA v6.
How do I save an Onshape file as a PDF?
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types: PDF.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. …
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.
How do I save an Onshape file as STL?
To export a Part Studio containing a single part or multiple parts:
- Select the overflow menu in the Part Studio or Assembly tab:
- Tap Export.
- Enter a file name for the export file.
- Specify a format: Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, SOLIDWORKS, Collada, GLTF, OBJ, Rhino, STL. …
- Select an option:
Is Onshape cloud based?
The Technology. Onshape uses Amazon Web Services (AWS) for our cloud computing infrastructure. … The core of AWS is their “Elastic Compute Cloud” (EC2) service. Onshape uses EC2 for a virtually limitless supply of computing resources.
Is Onshape no longer free?
Don’t panic – the Onshape Free plan is and will continue to be available, for free. During sign-up using the “request a trial” button, if a user identifies themselves as a hobbyist/maker they will be directed to the free plan.
Can you download Onshape?
Because Onshape is the only professional-grade 3D CAD and data management system that runs completely in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere on any device. It even runs on iOS and Android tablets and phones via dedicated mobile apps available from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
How do you download files from Onshape?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How do you print Onshape drawings?
You have the ability to print your drawings:
- Expand the Document menu. in the top left corner of the interface.
- Select Print… A new tab opens with a print-friendly format of your drawing.
- Use the controls at the bottom of the window to print or save the drawing.
What programs can open STEP files?
Programs that open STEP files
- Autodesk Fusion 360. Dassault Systemes SolidWorks. IMSI TurboCAD Pro. ideaMK STP Viewer. Dassault Systemes CATIA. …
- Autodesk Fusion 360. IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe. FreeCAD.
- Linux. Dassault Systemes CATIA. LKSoft IDA-STEP. FreeCAD.
- Web. eMachineShop Free Online STEP File Viewer. Wikifactory. ShareCAD.org.
How do I export from Onshape to blender?
From Onshape you have to export your geometry as a STEP file. Import that to DSM and from there export as OBJ. Import that OBJ to Blender.