How do I use the thread tool in Solidworks?
To create a cut thread:
- Open a model with a cylindrical part and click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select a circular edge.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification, set values for the following: …
- For Thread method, click Cut thread. …
- Set the starting position of the Thread Location:
How do you add threads in Solidworks?
To insert cosmetic threads from assembly documents into drawings, click Insert > Model Items and click Cosmetic thread . In drawings, Insert Callout appears in the shortcut menu.
How do you annotate a thread?
To Add Hole or Thread Notes to a Drawing View
- On the ribbon, click Annotate tab Feature Notes panel Hole and Thread .
- In the graphics window, click an edge or a circular edge to specify the hole. …
- Move the cursor and click to place the note.
- When you are finished placing hole or thread notes, right-click and select Done.