What is INDEXCTL?
INDEXCTL creates what are called Layer Indexes and Spatial Indexes in the Drawing you are referencing. … This organization is used to efficiently determine which objects need to be read in when the drawing is being demand loaded and clipped as an xref.
What is demand load xrefs?
From AutoCAD Help with additional notes – Demand Load Xrefs – Controls demand loading of xrefs. Demand loading improves performance by loading only the parts of the referenced drawing needed to regenerate the current drawing. This option is also controlled by the XLOADCTL system variable.
What is demandload in AutoCAD?
Demand-loads the source application when you open a drawing that contains custom objects. This setting does not demand-load the application when you invoke one of the application’s commands. … This setting does not demand-load the application when you open a drawing that contains custom objects.
What is fill mode in AutoCAD?
Specifies whether hatches and fills, 2D solids, and wide polylines are filled in. Type: Integer. Saved in: Drawing.
How do I load an xref in Autocad?
Attach an Xref
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. Find.
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select one or more files you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Attachment.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. …
- Click OK.
Why Hatch is not working in AutoCAD?
Make sure the hatch layer is turned on and not frozen. Under Options/ Display, make sure the box next to “apply solid fill” is checked and then Click on “Apply” and “OK. Turn on the hatch quick preview and fill mode (see Hatch preview does not appear for a selected area in AutoCAD).
Where is fill mode in AutoCAD?
To turn on or off the display of solid fills
- Set Fill Mode to 0 to turn off the fill mode. This turns off the display of solid fills.
- Set Fill Mode to 1 to turn on the fill mode. This turns on the display of solid fills. …
- At the Command prompt, enter regen to regenerate the drawing, updating the display.
Why is Hatch solid in AutoCAD?
Check for Scale or Spacing (one or the other will be grayed-out). – If the hatch is too small, it will appear as a solid. – If the hatch is too large for the space, it will appear as a solid.