How should you select objects when using the stretch command?
Select objects to stretch by crossing-window or crossing-polygon… Select objects: Click a point above and to the right of the upper-right corner of the plate. Specify opposite corner: Move the crosshairs down and to the left. Click a point below the plate, roughly under the center of the column.
How would you select set of objects in a drawing in AutoCAD?
To Select Objects
- Select individual objects by clicking them.
- Drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely enclosed in the selection rectangle or lasso (window selection).
- Drag from right to left to select all objects that are crossed by the selection rectangle or lasso (crossing selection).
How do you select and move an object in AutoCAD?
To Move Objects Using Two Points
- Click Home tab Modify panel Move. Find.
- Select the objects to move and press Enter.
- Specify a base point for the move.
- Specify a second point. The objects you selected are moved to a new location determined by the distance and direction between the first and second points.
How do you stretch an object?
To Stretch an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Stretch. Find.
- Select the object using a crossing window selection. The crossing window must include at least one vertex or endpoint.
- Do one of the following: Enter the displacement in the form of a relative Cartesian, polar, cylindrical, or spherical coordinate.
What is a stretch command?
The Stretch command in AutoCAD is used to stretch the portion of the object partially enclosed by the polygon selection or window selection. The objects selected individually or completely enclosed by the window selection cannot be stretched. Those objects are rather moved such as ellipses, blocks, and circles.
What are the shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
Shortcut Keys Reference
|ALT+F11||Displays the Visual Basic Editor (AutoCAD only)|
|CTRL+F2||Displays the Text window|
|CTRL+F4||Closes the current drawing|
|CTRL+F6||Moves to the next file tab|
What are the three methods to select commands?
The types of selection methods used in AutoCAD are:
- Cross Window Selection.
- Box Selection.
- Fence Selection.
- Previous Selection.
- Last Selection.
- All Selection.
- Lasso Selection.
- Fast Select Selection.
Which command is used to select the entire drawing?
In MS Paint, we can select the complete drawing using the Ctrl+A key combination through the keyboard.
How do you drag things in AutoCAD?
With your left mouse button, click and hold down the mouse button anywhere on the object (or any one of the objects). You’ll see an arrow cursor. Drag (with the mouse button still held down) the object(s) wherever you want. Release the mouse button.
How do you move an object to a specific coordinate in AutoCAD?
How to Use the Move Command in AutoCAD 2014
- Press Esc to make sure that no command is active and no objects are selected.
- Click the Move button on the Modify panel of the Home tab. …
- Select at least one object. …
- Press Enter when you finish selecting objects. …
- Specify a base point by clicking a point or typing coordinates.
How do I move my screen in AutoCAD?
To Move a Drawing View
- Move the cursor over the drawing view to move. The drawing view border appears.
- Click inside the drawing view border to select the drawing view. A grip appears at the center of the view.
- Drag the grip to move the drawing view to the desired location.