How do I transfer detail view in Revit?
Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File. In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open. The Insert Views dialog opens, which displays views that are saved in the project. From the list, select an option for views to display.
How do you use detail items in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.
Can you export a drafting view in Revit?
You can save drafting views to an external Revit project for use in another Revit project. You can also use this procedure to save sheet views and schedule views to an external project. … This creates a new Revit project file that contains the selected view and the contents of that view.
How do I import a legend into Revit?
Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view. Aligned to Selected Views: Specify from a list of sheet views in the current model.
How do you create a repeating component in Revit?
Insert a Repeating Detail
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Repeating Detail).
- Sketch the repeating detail, and then click Modify.
- Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate, and enter a name for the repeating detail type.
Can multiple parameters exist in a single tag family?
You can assign the same parameter several times to an element inside the family (e.g 3x a length parameter to create a cube). It is possible inside the project to assign a project parameter (of a different type) to families and they will exist next to each other.
How do I export a section view in Revit?
- Create a duplicate view: In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. …
- Add a section box: For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View. …
- Export the 3D view defined by the section box: Click File tab Export, and select an export option.
How do I export a 3D model in Revit?
Open the 3D view of the project to export. Click File tab Export CAD Formats (DWG files). In the DWG Export dialog, click (Modify Export Setup). On the Solids tab of the Modify DWG/DXF Export Setup dialog, select Export as AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP Objects.
How do I export a 3D image from Revit?
Export a View to an Image File
- Click Export Images and Animations (Image).
- In the Export Image dialog, click Change to change the default path and file name for the image, if desired.
- Under Export Range, indicate the images to export: …
- Under Image Size, specify image display properties:
Can I copy legends between Revit projects?
You can copy a legend view from one sheet view and paste it to another sheet view. Select a legend view and copy it to the clipboard. Click Modify tab Clipboard panel Paste drop-down, and select one of the following options: Paste from Clipboard: Manually place the legend view onto another sheet view.
Can legend views be added to multiple sheets?
So legend views are unique in the sense that they are the only kind of view in Revit that can be placed on more than one sheet at a time. So legend views are unique in the sense that they are the only kind of view in Revit that you can place on more than one view at the same time.
How do I import a Revit file into another Revit?
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.