How do you save a sketch in Solidworks?
To save a sketch to a block file:
- Create a sketch.
- Click Save Sketch as Block (Blocks toolbar) or Tools > Blocks > Save .
How do you extrude a sketch in an assembly in Solidworks?
Creating Extruded or Revolved Cuts as Assembly Features
- Open a sketch on a face or plane, and sketch a profile of the cut. …
- Click Extruded Cut or Revolved Cut (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Assembly Feature > Cut , then Extrude or Revolve.
- Set the options as needed in the Extrude or Revolve PropertyManager.
How do I show a sketch in Solidworks assembly?
To show a sketch in a drawing: Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show. The sketch entities highlight in the graphics area when you point over the sketch name in the FeatureManager design tree. (Annotation toolbar), or click Insert > Model Items.
How do I save a sketch as DXF in Solidworks?
Exporting Drawings as DXF or DWG
- Click File > Save As.
- In the dialog box, for Save as type, select DXF or DWG.
- Click Options.
- Set options and click OK. …
- In the Save As dialog box, type the filename and click Save.
- If the SOLIDWORKS to DXF/DWG Mapping dialog box appears, specify mapping options and click OK.
How do I reuse a sketch in Solidworks?
If you want to reuse the original sketch in another feature, simply make the sketch visible. When editing the sketch you can add contours and use them in the existing features and add new features to the new sketch entries.
How do I open assembly in Solidworks 2020?
Opening Components from Assembly Documents
- Click or right-click a part and click Open Part .
- Click or right-click a subassembly, and then, on the Open Part drop-down, select the subassembly.
How do you save a selection in Solidworks?
To save them, right click the selected elements and click on “Save Selection.” A “Selection Set” folder will appear in the Feature Manager, which users can return to at any time. Be aware that the Selection Sets folder will not appear in assembly files without a saved set.
How do you make a subassembly flexible in Solidworks?
To make a subassembly flexible: Click a subassembly in the FeatureManager design tree and select Component Properties . In the dialog box, under Solve as, select Flexible, then click OK.
How do you split an assembly in Solidworks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do you extrude in Solidworks?
Click Convert to Extrusion (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > 2D to 3D > Extrude, and click in the graphics area to establish the direction of the extrusion. The Base-Extrude PropertyManager appears. Edit the properties in the Base Extrude PropertyManager.
How do you hide all sketch lines in Solidworks?
Hide All Types does not hide decals, sketch relations, or the grid. To hide all types in the current document: Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types.
How do you hide a sketch in Solidworks?
To hide a sketch in a drawing, right-click the sketch in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Hide.
How do you hide points in Solidworks sketch?
Right-click the sketch in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Hide.