When you link a model into a project, Revit opens the linked model and keeps it in memory. The more links a project contains, the longer it can take to open. Linked models are listed in the Revit Links branch of the Project Browser.
In the drawing area, select the linked Revit model. Click Modify | RVT Links tab Link panel (Bind Link). In the Bind Link Options dialog, select the elements and datum to include in the group, and click OK.
You can link Revit LT models to other Revit LT models. You can also link Revit models to Revit LT models. For example, the following site plan shows 4 building models linked to one model. When you link a model into a project, Revit LT opens the linked model and keeps it in memory.
On the Revit Links tab, for the linked model, do the following: In the Visibility column, select the check box. In the Display Settings column, make sure that By Host View displays. If By Host View does not display, click in the Display Settings column.
Open an existing model, and link another model to it.
- Open an existing model or start a new model. You will link another model into this model.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Link Revit).
- In the Import/Link RVT dialog, select the model to link. …
- For Positioning, specify the desired option. …
- Click Open.
Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT. CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
Explode Imported Geometry
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify |
tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode).
Binding Revit link makes elements from the link to change position in Revit.
To do so, follow the instructions below or watch our short video.
- Open the model for which you want to bring the proper coordinates into.
- Turn on the visibility of the site points. …
- Create a new shared site and rename it. …
- Link in the model with the proper shared site reference. …
- Relocate your model.
How do I transfer models in Revit?
On the eTransmit panel of the Add-Ins tab, click Transmit a model. Choose the model(s) to transmit: Click Browse Model, and navigate to the location of the Revit model you want to transmit. Click Browse folders, and navigate to the folder that contains the Revit models you want to transmit.