How do you clone an object in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to copy, move and rotate a object?
- In model tree, select the object that you created and select “Copy” on right-click menu. …
- If the selected object has a dependency object, a Selection dialog will be shown. …
- Select any object in model tree, and select “Paste” on right-click menu to copy the object.
How do I merge two items in FreeCAD?
- Select two or more shapes.
- Press the Part Fuse button in the Part tools toolbar. Use the Part → Boolean → Union entry in the Part menu.
How do you mirror something on FreeCAD?
- Select sketch to be mirrored (typically by clicking on it in the tree view).
- Click on Mirror sketch or choose Sketch → Mirror sketch from the top menu.
- The resulting sketch is created as a separate new object.
How do you recompute in Freecad?
- To force a recompute select the document or one or more objects in the Tree view, choose the. Mark to recompute option from the context menu, and invoke the command.
- For objects, but not for documents, you can also choose Recompute object from the same context menu (introduced in version 0.19).
How do you simplify a mesh in FreeCAD?
- Select one or more mesh objects.
- Press the Mesh Decimating button. Select the Meshes → Decimation…
- The Decimating task panel opens.
- Specify the Reduction: If only one mesh object has been selected and you choose the Absolute number option: …
- Press the OK button to finish the command.
How do you use Boolean in FreeCAD?
FreeCAD: How to execute a boolean operation between solids?
- Create new document and switch workbench to Part workbench .
- Click Box and Cylinder. …
- Click Booleans. …
- Select a type of operation at [Boolean Operation], Box at [First Shape] and Cylinder at [Second Shape]. …
- Click Close to finish Boolean Operation dialog.
How do you use symmetry in Freecad?
- Select the geometry to be copied, then a line or sketch axis to be used as the symmetry axis.
- Press the Symmetry button or choose Sketch → Sketcher tools → Symmetry from the top menu.
- The selected geometry will be copied symmetrically to the selected line or sketch axis.
How do I add macros to FreeCAD?
Manual method 1. Copy the code to the macro editor
- In FreeCAD, open the menu Macro → …
- Open the menu again, Macro → …
- Create a new document with File → …
- You can open the macro in the editor again to run it or modify it. …
- The macro can now be run with Macro → Execute macro, or by clicking on the.