How do I change parameters in Solidworks?
In the Modify Configurations dialog box, you can add, delete, and unconfigure parameters and edit parameter values. To configure additional parameters from the same feature, click in the feature’s column header, select parameters from the list, and click in a blank area of the dialog box.
How do I change dimension values in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do you control Dimensions in Solidworks?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do I change dimension tolerance in Solidworks?
Click Tolerance in Tools > Options > Document Properties > Dimensions. In TolAnalyst, when a dimension is a callout with more than one value, you can select a value and edit it.
How do you check parameters in Solidworks?
To access the Parameters dialog box, click Insert > Design Study > Parameters. You can also view defined parameters in the Parameters node of the Simulation study tree. Type a name of the parameter.
What are solidworks parameters?
Parameters Dialog Box
Creates parameters that you can link to model dimensions, global variables, materials, and features from Simulation or Motion studies. You can also edit or delete existing parameters.
How do I reduce the size of a dimension in SolidWorks?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.
How do you change multiple dimensions in SolidWorks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do you dimension a tolerance?
The tolerance is the difference between the maximum and minimum limits.” This can be shown as upper and lower limits (0.2500over0. 2498) or an allowable amount above and below a nominal dimension (0.2500+0.0000over−0.0002, 0.2499 ±0.0001). Both of these methods define the same range of allowable dimensions.
How do you add a tolerance to a dimension?
To Add Tolerance to Dimensions (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the drawing area, select the dimension you want to edit. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Tolerance. …
- Click Power Dimensioning tab Fit/Tolerance panel Method drop-down.
- Select the desired tolerance method.