How do I add files to PDM?
To add new files:
- Click Upload and Check In on the screen that has the appropriate folder level.
- Select the files to be uploaded and click Open.
- In the Upload and Check In dialog box, type a comment and click Upload and Check In. To upload more files, click Add More Files.
How do I make a PDM vault in Solidworks?
Creating a Vault View
- On the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup .
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Select servers screen, select archive servers from the list and click Next . …
- On the Select vaults screen, select vaults from the list, and click Next.
Where does Solidworks PDM store local files?
Data is stored in a central archive called a file vault, which can be regularly backed up and shared by the whole product team. To access files, you create a working folder on your local computer called a file vault view.
How do I upload to Solidworks?
To upload files:
- Click Upload files.
- The uploaded files appear in the Home folder (under My Files).
- You can create your own Folders using Add Folder option.
- TIP: Drag and drop files from your local Windows Explorer to the Home Folder (or sub folders you create) once in My Files.
What does Solidworks PDM do?
SOLIDWORKS PDM enables your teams to securely store and index design data for fast retrieval, eliminate concerns over version control and data loss, and collaborate on designs in multiple locations.
How do I start PDM in Solidworks?
Go to Start > Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup. Once in the View Setup tool, hit Next to start the setup process and add the archive server for the SOLIDWORKS PDM Vault by selecting (1) and (2) entering the server name. Then select Next. Select the Vault(s) that you would like your user to connect to.
What is Solidworks PDM standard?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard is a data management solution for smaller workgroup environments in a single location. Included in SOLIDWORKS Professional and Premium packages, SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard eliminates the overhead of managing SOLIDWORKS and DraftSight data on local and shared network drives.
How do I join PDM vault in Solidworks?
To view and manage items, you must connect to a SOLIDWORKS PDM vault through a local folder called a local vault view.
- Click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup .
- In the View Setup wizard, click Next.
- Select a server and click Next. …
- Select one or more vaults and click Next.
- On the Select location page:
Why are folders GREY in PDM?
Gray folders mean the folder is local to your hard drive and does not exist in the vault database. This situation usually occurs if you’ve viewed these folders in the vault at one point in time, then someone else either moved, renamed or deleted these folders.
What does local file mean in Solidworks PDM?
Local files and folders are displayed in a vault view. When you browse through folders and work with files in the vault view, SOLIDWORKS PDM will retrieve and cache the copies of the folders and files locally. These local copies will remain in the cache, even when you log out of the vault view.
How do I add files to my PDM vault?
Click Tools > Update References.
Adding Referenced Files to the Vault
- Click Add Files to Vault (toolbar).
- In the Add Files to Vault dialog box, select the folder to add the file to.
- Click Next.
- Ensure that the file is being added to the correct location and click Finish.
- In the verification message, click OK.