How do I save a SolidWorks File to STL?
1. Create your part in SolidWorks. Once it is complete, click File, then click Save As. When you click ‘Save As’ and then select STL under ‘Save As Type’ a button labeled ‘Options…’ appears near the bottom of the ‘Save As’ window.
How do you change a file type to STL?
To save a model or a model assembly in STL Format:
- File > Save As (Save As dialog box opens)
- From the Save as type drop-down menu select STL (*.stl)
- Click Options.
- The Export Options dialog box will display the file in a tessellated view.
- File Format selection is STL.
How do I open a Sldprt File on a Mac?
SLDPRT files are typically opened using SolidWorks. However, they may also be viewed with SolidWorks eDrawings Viewer, Autodesk Fusion 360, and Adobe Acrobat 3D or Acrobat Pro 9 or later.
How do I convert a SolidWorks File?
To export SOLIDWORKS files as non-SOLIDWORKS files:
- With the SOLIDWORKS file (*. SLDPRT *. …
- In the Export dialog box, select a file type for Save as type and click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, specify the export options and click OK.
- Click Export.
Is there a free SOLIDWORKS?
Currently, there are two options available to try SOLIDWORKS for free. The first option is through MySolidWorks which offers an online product trial of the latest version of SOLIDWORKS Premium, all from within your browser. … These SOLIDWORKS trials can be created for 7, 15, or 30 days.
Can SOLIDWORKS read STL files?
STL files are hard to work with, but can be used effectively with greater understanding. STL (stereolithography) file types are commonly used in CAM and 3D printing, but are unfortunately difficult to work with in SOLIDWORKS. When opening an STL file, the software crash completely.
What is STL mesh?
Description. The STL (STereoLithography) file format is an openly documented format for describing the surface of an object as a triangular mesh, that is, as a representation of a 3-dimensional surface in triangular facets.
What programs can open STEP files?
Programs that open STEP files
- Autodesk Fusion 360. Dassault Systemes SolidWorks. IMSI TurboCAD Pro. ideaMK STP Viewer. Dassault Systemes CATIA. …
- Autodesk Fusion 360. IMSI TurboCAD Deluxe. FreeCAD.
- Linux. Dassault Systemes CATIA. LKSoft IDA-STEP. FreeCAD.
- Web. eMachineShop Free Online STEP File Viewer. Wikifactory. ShareCAD.org.
Can FreeCAD import Sldprt files?
sldprt (Solidworks Parts File) to . stl. Unfortunately, FreeCAD does not support importing this file format and I can not use its Python console to convert this file format to . stl.