How do I add a line in FreeCAD?
- Press the Draft Line button. Select the Drafting → Line option from the menu. …
- The Line task panel opens. See Options for more information.
- Pick the first point in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the. Enter point button.
- Pick the second point in the 3D view, or type coordinates and press the.
How do I fix my FreeCAD points?
Invoke the Constrain point onto object tool using several methods:
- Press the Point on object button in the toolbar.
- Use the Shift + O keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher constraints → Constrain point onto object entry in the top menu.
How do you get coordinates on FreeCAD?
FreeCAD can display a smaller coordinate system indicator in the bottom right corner of 3D views: Edit → Preferences… → Display → 3D View → Show coordinate system in the corner.
What is a datum line in FreeCAD?
In FreeCAD the word “Datum” is normally used to refer to auxiliary geometry in the PartDesign Workbench. These geometrical elements will not form part of the final Shape of the Body, but can be used as references and supports for sketches and other types of features.
How do you use symmetry constraints in Freecad?
Select two points (vertexes) in the sketch and a line in the sketch. The selected points and the line will be dark green. Constrain symmetric or select the Constrain Symmetrical menu item from the Sketcher Constraints sub menu of the Sketcher (or Part Design) menu item.
How do you make a part active on Freecad?
Double-click the Body in the tree view or open the context menu (right-click) and select Toggle active body to activate or deactivate the Body. If another Body is active, it will be deactivated.