How do you search in Revit?
Revit has a search feature built into the Project Browser. – Right-click on an entry, say a kitchen-related entry, and click search. Revit is going to find every entry with the keyword “kitchen” and it’s going to expand the category that it’s a part of.
Where can I find components in Revit?
On the ribbon, click one of the following:
- Architecture tab Build panel (Place a Component)
- Structure tab Model panel Component drop-down (Place a Component)
- Systems tab Model panel Component drop-down (Place a Component)
How do I find a specific text in Revit?
Find and Replace Text in a Text Note
- Select Annotate tab Text panel (Find/Replace).
- In the Find/Replace dialog, for Find, enter the text you want to replace.
- For Replace with, enter the new text.
- Under Scope, select the appropriate fields.
- Click Find Next, or Find All.
How do I search for a sheet in Revit?
Searching and Navigating
- Right-click the browser and click Search to open the Search in Project Browser dialog.
- To expand or collapse top-level nodes in the browser, right-click a node (such as Views or Families) and select Expand Selected or Collapse Selected.
How do I add components in Revit 2021?
Add Site Components
- Open a view that displays the toposurface to modify.
- Click Massing & Site tab Model Site panel (Site Component).
- Select the desired component from the Type Selector.
- Click in the drawing area to add one or more components.
How do you show floors in Revit?
Follow these steps:
- In plan view, click View menu > View Properties.
- Click the Edit button for the View Range parameter.
- Enter a value for both the Bottom Offset, under Primary Range, and the Level Offset, under View Depth, that is more than 4 feet from the floor or slab.
Do one of the following:
- Click Modify |
tab Reveal Hidden Elements panel (Unhide Element) or (Unhide Category).
- Right-click the element, and click Unhide in View Elements or Category.
Select the element. Do one of the following: Click Modify |
How do I search for families in Revit?
To find elements that use a specific family type, you can highlight them in a view or in the entire project. Open a project view. In the Project Browser, locate the desired family type using Search or by expanding the appropriate category and family.
How do I get project browser and properties in Revit?
To dock the Project Browser on the left, position the cursor in the title bar, and drag the window until the cursor is touching the edge of the Revit interface on the left. The outline of the window gives you a preview. Using the same method, drag the Properties palette.