How do you control Dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
To control dimensions with the context toolbar:
- Create a sketch with two lines.
- Ctrl + select two lines.
- On the context toolbar, click Make Parallel .
- Ctrl + select the two lines and select Auto Insert Dimension on the context toolbar.
- In the Modify dialog box, type a dimension.
- Click .
How do you override a dimension in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Options (Standard toolbar) or Tools > Options. On the System Options tab, select Sketch. Select Override dimensions on Drag/Move and click OK.
How do you change multiple dimensions in Solidworks?
You can also set multiple dimensions to driven in the Dimension PropertyManager by clicking the Other tab, expanding Options, and selecting Driven.
Setting Multiple Dimensions to Driven
- In a sketch, select the dimensions.
- Right-click to display the shortcut menu.
- Under Dimension, click Driven.
How do you make a horizontal drawing in Solidworks?
Creating Horizontal Dimensions
- In an open sketch, click Horizontal Dimension. (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Horizontal. …
- Select the two entities to dimension. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Set the value in the Modify box and click .
- Click a location to place the dimension.
Why are my dimensions GREY in Catia?
If your options are on default dimension colors gray means non assosiative dimensions. Dimension does not have 3D element reference. On what level you are running CATIA? In V5R7 dimensions were gray when dimensioning drawing elements generated from mirrored 3D elements.
What do pink dimensions mean in SolidWorks?
Why are reference dimensions I add to drawings pink? They’re assigned to a blue layer. Changing the color option for driven dimensions has no effect. The ref dimensions in my older drawings remain blue when the drawing is opened, but any dimensions added to the drawing are pink.
How do I show multiple measurements in Solidworks?
To display dual measure dimensions:
- Click Measure (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Evaluate > Measure .
- In the Measure dialog box, click Units/Precision .
- In the Measure Units/Precision dialog box, select Use custom settings and select the first length unit. …
- Click Use Dual Units and select the second unit of measurement.
How do you select all dimensions in Solidworks?
To select everything in the graphics area: Click Edit > Select All, or press Ctrl+A. To limit the selection to specific entities in a part, pre-select one or more entities in the graphics area. For example, pre-select an edge and a vertex to limit the selection to all edges and vertices.
How do you see which drawing view is active?
An active view is used to create sketch geometry and annotations that will become attached to the view. An active view is shown with a gray box around the view boundary. An example of a selected view is shown in Figure 3.