How do I view Civil 3D in AutoCAD?
- Step 1: Download and install the Civil Option Enabler. The Civil Object Enabler allows you to open and complete work in 3D drawings that originate from AutoCAD Civil 3D. …
- Step 2: Verify that you can see Proxy Objects. Type Op in the Command line and press Enter to open the CAD Options dialog box.
What is a surface in Civil 3D?
A surface definition is a collection of a surface build, data, and edit properties, as well as a list of the operations that you have performed on the surface. … The Definition collection under a surface in the Prospector tree provides access to the surface possible data and edit definition items.
How do I change the surface style in Civil 3D?
You can create and manage surface styles on the Settings tab in Toolspace.
- In Toolspace, on the Settings tab, right-click the Surface Styles collection and click New.
- In the Surface Style dialog box, click the Information tab and enter a name and description for the surface style.
How do I import a surface into Civil 3D?
- In the Toolspace / Prospector, select the surface.
- Right click on the surface and select export Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLOUT command)
- In a new drawing, import Landxml (alternatively use the LANDXMLIN command)
How do I make a surface from contours in Civil 3D?
You can add contour data to an existing TIN surface.
To Add Contour Data to a Surface
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do you clip a surface in Civil 3D?
In the Prospector tree, expand the Surfaces collection, right-click <surface name> Surface Properties. In the Surface Properties dialog box, click the Definition tab. Select the Add Data Clip Boundary operation and click to move it to the top of the list. Click Apply.
How do you create a style in Civil 3D?
To easily create a unique object style, simply start with a copy of an existing style and then edit its properties as needed. Right-clicking the Standard object style and choosing Copy from the context-sensitive menu displays the dialog box shown in Figure 2, which is used to modify (or create) an object style.
What is the difference between Civil 3D and InfraWorks?
AutoCAD Civil 3D is the place to create project sheets to communicate details with authorities and contractors. InfraWorks 360 allows users to design in context, but does not output final construction docu- ments.
How do I create a data shortcut in Civil 3D?
Open up source drawing containing the Civil 3D object. Set the Working Folder.
In the Manage Tab > Data Shortcuts > Create Data Shortcuts.
- Select the surface or other Civil 3D object you wish to create a shortcut folder.
- Press Ok.
- Check the shortcut was created by expanding the Data Shortcuts in the Prospector.
How do I copy a surface from one drawing to another?
In the drawing area, select the surface, right-click, click Basic Modify Tools Copy. At the command line, you are prompted to specify a base point for the surface. Pick an insertion point in the drawing area. The surface is copied in the drawing and added as a new surface to the Prospector tree.