How do you use thicken command in Solidworks?
Click Thicken on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. Examine the preview, and select the side of the surface you want to thicken, as shown below. Enter the Thickness . Note that when you select Thicken Both Sides , it adds the Thickness you specify to both sides.
How do you change thickness in Solidworks?
To assign line thickness or style:
- Click Options (Standard toolbar) and select the Document Properties tab.
- Set style and thickness for the following: All dimension leaders. All annotation leaders. Frames for geometric tolerances, balloons, and datums. Style. Thickness.
How do you solidify in Solidworks?
To convert a boundary surface into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Boundary Surface, and in Options and Preview, click Create solid. To convert a trim-surface feature into a solid, click Insert > Surface > Trim Surface and in Surface Split Options, click Create solid.
Is there a fill feature in Solidworks?
The SOLIDWORKS Fill surface was added to the software in 2001, after surfacing was added in 1998+. It is essentially an N-sided Coons patch that will fill an opening in a surface that is otherwise closed.
Where is the Thicken command in Solidworks?
To thicken a surface: Click Thicken (Features toolbar), or click Insert > Boss/Base > Thicken. In the graphics area, select a Surface to Thicken .
How do I fill between two surfaces in Solidworks?
To create a filled surface, click Filled Surface on the Surfaces toolbar, or click Insert > Surface > Fill, set the PropertyManager options, and click OK . Set the PropertyManager options based on the type of filled surface you want to create. This example of an imported surface has a gap along the front face.
How do you increase line thickness in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- Click File > Print.
- In the dialog box, under Document Options, click Line Thickness.
- In Line thickness print settings, type a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Print dialog box and print the document.
How do I enable feature recognition in Solidworks?
(Features toolbar) or Insert > FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. You can also select an imported body in the graphics area or in the SOLIDWORKS FeatureManager design tree, right-click, and select FeatureWorks > Recognize Features. This works for automatic and interactive recognition.
Where is the surfaces toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I extract a surface in Solidworks?
To manually extract surfaces, select a sub-mesh, then select a surface type under Face Settings. When you extract surfaces, you might see salient sub-meshes (arrows), which are transitions between primary mesh regions.