How do I change a sketch to a different plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane of a sketch:
- Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. – or – …
- Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face .
- Click OK .
How do you switch planes in 3D sketch in Solidworks?
To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the required sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
How do I change axis in Solidworks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do I move origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do you move a sketch in Solidworks 2020?
- Window select the sketch entities you wish to move.
- Hold the CTRL key and click and drag the selected entities from a vertex, not an edge. …
- You cant see it in the pictures below but a small “+” will appear next to your curser. …
- Continue to drag to your desired vertex and release.
What does the Tab key do in a 3D sketch?
Starting a 3D sketch is easy. Use the Insert pull down menu and select 3D Sketch. Once a 3D sketch is started, the Tab key can be used to flip between the available directions in which we can sketch.
How do you extrude 3D sketches?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
How do I move XYZ in Solidworks?
Free Drag – Select a component and drag in any direction. Along Assembly XYZ – Select a component and drag in the X, Y, or Z direction of the assembly. The coordinate system appears in the graphics area to help orient you. To select the axis you want to drag along, click near that axis before dragging.
Why is solidworks y up?
By default, the “Y” direction has always been the up-direction views in SOLIDWORKS. Bringing SOLIDWORKS models into CAM software can involve extra time and work rotating the geometry. … Usually the default up direction in these software packages is the “Z” direction.
How do I align a part in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, if you use a single entity curve in Step 1: Under Mate Selections, click Entities to Mate , and select the curve and a point on the assembly. Select Coincident for the mate type.
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To change the fix or float, go to featuremanager deign tree. Select and right click on the component’s name for changing the fix or float condition. Select fix or float from the appearing menu as per your requirement. This way you can fix component or float it in solidworks assemebly interface.
How do you rotate an object in Solidworks without a mouse?
Press the arrow keys. Hold down Shift to rotate in 90° increments. Click Rotate View or View, Modify, Rotate; select a vertex, edge, or face; then drag the pointer.