How do you offset a 3D object in AutoCAD?
Offset a Bounded Area on a 3D Solid Face
- Click Home tab Modeling panel Presspull. Find.
- Press Ctrl+click a bounded area on a 3D solid object and move the cursor to establish an offset direction. Edge highlighting indicates which areas will be offset.
- Enter a value or click in the drawing area to set the offset distance.
What is the default UCS in 3D AutoCAD?
AutoCAD provides a movable coordinate system called the user coordinate system(UCS). The XY plane of the UCS is called the workplane. In a drawing, by default WCS and UCS have the same orientation. When you create and modify objects in a 3D environment, you can move and reorient the UCS in 3D modeling view.
How do you do 3D subtraction?
To subtract regions or 3D solids from each other:
- Click Solids > Solid Editing > Subtract (or type Subtract).
- Select the regions or 3D solids to subtract from.
- Select the regions or 3D solids to subtract and press Enter.
- From the objects in the first selection all objects in second selection are subtracted.
What is the Array command in AutoCAD?
Creates copies of objects arranged in a pattern. You can create copies of objects in a regularly spaced rectangular, polar, or path array. The DELOBJ system variable controls whether the source objects of the array are deleted or retained after the array is created.
How do you offset a polyline?
Follow these steps to use Offset:
- Click the Offset button on the Home tab’s Modify panel, or enter Offset and press Enter. …
- Type an offset distance and press Enter. …
- Select a single object, such as a line, a polyline, or an arc. …
- Point to one side or the other of the object and then click.
How do you offset a line in Civil 3d?
Click Home tab Create Design panel Feature Line drop-down Create Feature Line From Stepped Offset . Do one of the following to specify the location for the offset: Specify the offset distance, then select the object to offset. Enter Through, then select the object to offset and select a through point.