How do you mate two pieces in Solidworks?
To add a mate: Click Mate (Assembly toolbar), or click Insert > Mate. In the PropertyManager, under Mate Selections, select the entities that you want to mate together for Entities to Mate .
How do I combine parts in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
Can we apply the fixed angle mate between two curves?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, if you use a single entity curve in Step 1: Under Mate Selections, click Entities to Mate , and select the curve and a point on the assembly. Select Coincident for the mate type.
What is in place mate in Solidworks?
InPlace mates are a special kind of Coincident mates that are only created when you work in an assembly with virtual parts. They mate a virtual part in all directions to an existing part, without fixing the parts in space. They are created automatically without any input from the user.
What does zero thickness mean in Solidworks?
Zero-thickness geometry (also known as non-manifold geometry) exists when edges or vertices in a solid model do not properly connect with adjacent geometry. … SOLIDWORKS does not allow zero thickness geometry because it can lead to mathematical problems and downstream errors in the model.
What is the difference between part and assembly?
As nouns the difference between assembly and part
is that assembly is a set of pieces that work together in unison as a mechanism or device while part is a fraction of a whole; a portion.
How many entities can you choose to mate with an angle mate?
Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate. In the Mate PropertyManager, for Entities to Mate , select two entities in the graphics area or the flyout FeatureManager design tree. Under Standard Mates, click Angle and set the dimension.
How do you limit a mate in SolidWorks?
To add a limit mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, click the Advanced tab.
- Under Mate Selections, for Entities to Mate , select the entities to mate.
- Under Mate Type: Click Distance or Angle . …
- Click . A LimitDistance or LimitAngle mate is added to the assembly.