How do you make something flexible in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, click the rigid subassembly, and click Make Subassembly Flexible . To make a flexible subassembly rigid, click the subassembly and click Make Subassembly Rigid . You can also click Flexible or Rigid (Assembly toolbar).
How do you move a part in a subassembly in Solidworks?
To move a component that is already in the assembly into the subassembly, see Dragging Components in the FeatureManager Design Tree or Editing Assembly Structure. To add an existing, saved component to the subassembly, right-click the subassembly icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Subassembly.
How do you move parts in assembly?
To move components in an assembly, click (Free Move) in the Assemble tab > Position panel, and select the component to move in the graphics window. Alternatively, you can select the component in the graphics window, right-click and select Free Move. Hold the left mouse button, and drag the component to a new location.
How do you dissolve a subassembly in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a subassembly or Ctrl + select multiple assemblies and select Dissolve Subassembly. You can also select the subassembly icon and click Edit > Dissolve Assembly. The components become components of the immediate parent assembly, and the subassembly is removed.
How do you Unfix an object in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do you move components?
Move component by drag and drop.
- Click and hold the mouse button on the component that you want to move.
- Drag the component to the new location. You will see a blue highlight and arrow as a visual indication on where the component will be drop.
- Release the mouse button to drop the component to the new location.
How do you make a spring flexible in Solidworks?
Click . In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Spring and click Make Part Flexible in the context menu.