Adding CommandManager Tool Buttons
- Right-click the CommandManager tab and click Customize CommandManager.
- In the Customize dialog box, on the Commands tab, select a category that contains tool buttons to add. …
- Drag the buttons to the CommandManager tab.
- Click OK.
With a document open, click Tools > Customize. In the dialog box, on the Commands tab: Select Macro in Categories. Under Buttons, drag the New Macro Button to any toolbar or the CommandManager in SOLIDWORKS.
How do I use a macro in SOLIDWORKS?
To run a macro:
- Click Run Macro (Macro toolbar) or Tools > Macro > Run.
- In the dialog box, locate a macro file (*. swp, *. swb) and click Open. If the macro contains more than one function or subroutine, the last subroutine with no arguments in the module most recently created in the VBA project runs.
From an open model or 3D sketch, with nothing selected, press the spacebar. From the Orientation dialog box, click Normal To . The model aligns with the rotated coordinate system. When you apply this method to a 2D Sketch, the model is aligned normal to the sketch.
To add tool buttons to toolbars:
- With a document open, click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize. …
- On the Commands tab, select a category. …
- Under Buttons, drag a tool button to any toolbar.
What is Solidworks API?
The SOLIDWORKS Application Programming Interface (API) is a COM programming interface to the SOLIDWORKS software. The API contains hundreds of functions that you can call from Visual Basic (VB), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), VB.NET, C++, C#, or SOLIDWORKS macro files. …
To delete a macro button:
- In an open SolidWorks document, click Tools > Customize.
- Right-click the macro button in the toolbar that you want to edit and select Delete.
- Click OK to close the Customize dialog.
The button you just right clicked is from the FORMS toolbox and you can’t change the colour of that. If you want to change the colour; and get a lot more functionality as well, add a button from theActiveX toolbox. It’s a simple matter to add the new button and cut and paste your code into it.
Can’t execute the code in break mode?
This error has the following causes and solutions: You tried to run code from the Macro dialog box. However, Visual Basic was already running code, although the code was suspended in break mode. You may have entered break mode without knowing it, for example, if a syntax error or run-time error occurred.
Can we code in Solidworks?
Conclusion. The SOLIDWORKS API provides access to the software’s modeling engine through programming methods. It is an efficient method for automating frequently used modeling functions. In this article, we created a basic shape by recording a macro to generate code capturing mouse movements and keystrokes.
Can you code in Solidworks?
You can use any programming language that supports COM to create SOLIDWORKS standalone API (.exe files) and add-in (. dll files) applications. The programming languages most commonly used are: Visual Basic .
How do I edit a macro in Solidworks?
To edit a macro:
- Click Edit Macro. (Macro toolbar) or Tools > Macro > Edit. If you have previously edited macros, you can select the macro directly from the menu when you click Tools > Macro. …
- In the dialog box, select a macro file (. swp) and click Open. …
- Edit the macro. (For details, use the help in the macro editor.)