How do you insert a line break in Solidworks?
To create a broken view:
- Select a drawing view and click Break (Drawing toolbar) or click Insert, Drawing View, Break.
- Set options in the PropertyManager: Add vertical break line. Add horizontal break line. Gap size. Sets the amount of space between the gap. Break line style . Defines the type of break line.
How do you break a model in Solidworks?
You can create model break views in parts or assemblies.
Do one of the following:
- Click Insert > Model Break View.
- Click Model Break View (SOLIDWORKS MBD toolbar).
- In the ConfigurationManager , right-click a configuration and click New Model Break View .
How do you delete a break view in Solidworks?
To delete a model break view or break step: In the ConfigurationManager, right-click the model break view or break step and click Delete. In the dialog box, click Yes. You can undo the deletion of a model break.
Why sectional views are used in drawing?
A sectional view or a section looks inside an object. Sections are used to clarify the interior construction of a part that cannot be clearly described by hidden lines in exterior views. By taking an imaginary cut through the object and removing a portion, the inside features may be seen more clearly.
How do you break a dimension line in Solidworks drawing?
On the Leaders tab of the respective PropertyManager, under Break Lines:
- Select Break extension lines to break extension lines around dimension lines and other extension lines.
- Select Break dimension line to break the dimension line around other dimension lines and other extension lines.
How do you split a line in Solidworks sketch?
To split a sketch entity:
- In an open sketch, click Split Entities. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities . …
- Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
Where is the Split command in SolidWorks?
To split bodies: Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
How do you save a split body in SolidWorks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do you do a broken-out in Solidworks 2020?
To create a broken-out section:
- Click Broken-out Section. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Broken-out Section. …
- Sketch a profile.
- Set options in the Section View dialog box. …
- Set options in the Broken-out Section PropertyManager. …
- Click .
What technique you have learned in making broken-out section view?
You have learned that when making a multiview sketch, hidden edges and surfaces are usually shown with hidden (dash) lines.
How do you do a revolved boss in Solidworks?
To create a revolve feature: Create a sketch that contains one or more profiles and a centerline, line, or edge to use as the axis around which the feature revolves. Click one of the following revolve tools: Revolved Boss/Base (Features toolbar) or Insert > Boss/Base > Revolve.